Shrimp & Bok Choy Stir-Fry
Marinating the shrimp before they reach the wok gives them a flavor thatâ€™s both sweet and sour.
- 1 each lemon
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 each red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups bok choy, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
Juice lemon and scrape 1 tablespoon zest.
Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, soy sauce, honey, vinegar and cornstarch in a zip-top bag. Add shrimp. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in wok over high heat. Add crushed red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger; stir for 30 seconds. Add red bell pepper and both onions; cook 2 minutes. Add bok choy; sautÃ© for 2 minutes. Remove from wok and keep warm.
Add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil to wok. Add shrimp and sautÃ© for 2 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Add chicken broth and cook for 2 minutes. Return vegetables to wok, stirring until hot. Serve immediately with rice.