Quinoa Waldorf Salad
Crunchy, creamy, nutty and whole grain! This contemporary version of a Waldorf salad has it all.
TOTAL TIME:20 min.
SERVINGS:10 (3/4 cup each)
- Â½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Â¾ cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, grated
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups apples, chopped (about 2 medium apples)
- Â½ cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
Heat oven to 350Â° Arrange walnuts in single layer on rimmed baking sheet or pie plate. Toast 5-8 minutes until golden brown; cool.
In large bowl, stir together yogurt, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir in grapes, apples and celery. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Stir together quinoa and mint. Spoon over bottom of shallow serving bowl or small platter. Top with fruit mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts.