Guacamole With Pic de Gallo
Serve up sweet homemade guacamole with tortilla triangles â€“ itâ€™s fun to make them yourself!
- 3 each Avocados, seeded, skinned, diced
- 3 medium Tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 2 each Limes, juiced
- 6 each Serrano Peppers, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1 small White Onion, chopped fine
- 2 quarts Vegetable Oil
- 1 pkg. 8â€ť Corn Tortillas
- Â˝ Tablespoon Kosher Salt
Combine the tomatoes, lime juice, serrano peppers, cilantro and the white onion in a non metallic bowl. Remove one cup of the Pico de Gallo and it set aside to serve.
Add the diced avocados to the bowl and mash them while combining them with the rest of the ingredients. Cover and chill until your ready to serve.
In a deep pot or small fryer, heat frying oil to 350 degrees. Cut the tortillas into triangles. In small batches, fry tortilla triangles until theyâ€™re crispy, then drain on a paper towel lined sheet pan and then sprinkle with salt.